View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 11:34 AM   #6
Restorium

Quote:
Originally Posted by DolceFarNiente View Post
Fortunately everyone is allowed their own opinions based on their own experiences.

I have owned both gassers and diesels, with and without slides and say unequivocably that I prefer my current rig to any gasser I've ever owned.

Just finished a 7000 mile trip through Canada and Alaska and my Cat diesel ran up and down the steepest longest grades with no issues and in fact performed pretty much flawlessly in every respect. 9.76 mpg average for the whole trip; not bad for this big old beast.

As for slides... *shrug* never had one fail, personally, and I will always spend more time parked than rolling, even when I drive every day. The extra room makes a huge difference in liveability, to me. Not every slide is really useful or well-designed, of course, but that's part of due diligence when purchaseing.

I'm glad you like the set-up you have; if we all wanted the same thing, competition for purchaseing a motor home would be too fierce!
My experience is with the 100s of people that pass through here at the website.

Many complain about their diesel engines. And when they go down they go down hard. No one ever complains about a Ford V-10 gas engine. Definitely more dependable.

Slides have been the number one complaint here. Constantly malfunctioning. Leaking. Electrical problems. Drive problems. Some coaches are ruined by slides. None of that happens if you don't have any. You are in a better position of strength without them, no doubt about it.
Restorium is offline   Reply With Quote