View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 01:45 PM   #4
David Bott

Hi livinlogs:

Welcome to the site first of all.

We love our 2008 TM T-40B now that we have the bugs out of it and we have more or less made it our own. Am I looking for another coach? Some day, but GS messed up the 45' tag they have with the poor floor plan.

As far as not making the TM...they will, to order, so I was told. They are currently not running the line for class A's as the market so dried up. I can not blame them for not rolling out an entire new production run right now. As a cash flow company, this is one of the things that saved them during these past, and present, hard times.

My wife and I are working on what we call the Tour Master Special Edition and are going to propose it to GS. The TM is a fine coach when you consider the cost of the unit compared to others that are in the same class, but not really. (Higher price but you get much less.)

Where GS is messing up IMHO is that they are not looking to grab the market RIGHT NOW! They could with the TM line and interacting more with the community. Like this would have been a perfect thread for them to come in and offer a direct answer. People have NO CLUE who even makes the TM. We are ALWAYS asked about out coach. People always look at it and the #1 question...Who makes that? (along with, I have never really seen one.) Once we bring them inside, we more or would have sold them on the coach.

I like GS, I like the people, I do not like that no once know who they are. (Yes, we had ISSUES! Yes, we are happy. But I, not my wife, wants bigger. LOL)

BTW...Remember that usually a dealer would rather sell you what they have on the lot vs ordering new for you.
MBE900 Diesel (Mercedes)
08' Saturn Outlook Toad
"To Boldly Go...Because We Can!"
https://www.OutsideOurBubble.com
David Bott is offline   Reply With Quote