View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 04:34 PM   #3
RayChez1

Default Re: Air bag question

[quote="chamberlain"]Sorry I posted this in the wrong section

I have a 2006 Crescendo on a Freightliner chassis. Today when I turned the ignition on the low air pressure buzzer went off and the front air bag gage showed ?0? for pressure where as before it used to show some pressure on both front and rear air bag gages before starting the engine. When I start the engine the buzzer continues to make noise till it reaches 65 lbs then goes off whiich is normal operation. The airbags appear stay full after that till I dump them out. I just bleeded that air canisters for mosture two days ago and did not have a problem on the weekend trip.

This has only happened once before server months ago and I?m wondering what?s going on now. It?s only about 55 degrees and raining outside ?Southern California.

What you call air canister is actually an air brake reservoir. If you bled the air of the resvoir that is why it showed 0 air pressure. I beleive that there are two reservoirs on mine and probably yours does to. I live in the high desert and most of my travels are around California and Nevada so when I pulled on the landyards no moisture or water comes out. The air dryer takes care of my coach. That is the purpose of the air dryer to blow every so often and throw out any water or moisture that builds up in the air lines.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote