View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 09:40 AM   #5
RJ82much

Dan,

I have searched everywhere for a floor plan of your Crescendo 8408, without success. Your holding tanks are supplied by Ameri-Kart. (also formerly Best Plastics). Sun Voyager uses p/n RHT2060. I can't figure out the p/n for your unit, though it likely doesn't matter. Unless something was unusual, you should have 2 identical holding tanks. The tanks are separate from each other. Each tank has a single chamber, though many have a stepped area molded in. Tthere are no baffles or internal structures. The hole for the toilet is cut by Gulf Stream after assembly onto the chassis frame. They make the hole by cutting thru the floor & tank so that all is aligned perfectly. Stories abound of the assembler dropping the "plugs" into the tank.

I have no reason to doubt that your black tank is the forward of the tanks, confirmable by you. This tank should have the larger, 3" drain. I believe your floor plan locates the toilet on the "curbside" of your MH. The drain is driver's side. Your greywater tank services all other fixtures (vanity, kitchen sink, & shower).

There is the possibility that your black tank is plugged with solids if your camping has been primarily at locations with sewer hookups & you leave the drain open for the duration of your stay. Under those conditions, "solids" will tend to accumulate & dry in the tank. The best thing for a black holding tank is to take a bumpy trip with significant fluid in the tank. Dump/rinse/dump before everything gets re-settled.

Sorry for repeating some of this.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote