View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 06:01 AM   #8
FreedMeister

Default Same model, common issues

We have the same supernova, same year. It's a fine engine, keep oil changed and fuel filters clean. There are some kniwn egr cooler system issues. Get the vt365 and international 4200 manuals online for free. Use your VIN number to get the right one. Rear suspension can be upgraded to air, which I recommend. Use an International dealer for service on the truck portion or do it yourself. Other places are likely to hack the sensitive electronics systems, use wrong spec fluids. This includes trans fluid and even trailer light harnesses. The stock backup camera has an extra input, good for another backup camera set to view the trailer. Yes. The rear view mirrors are big parachutes, and you still can't see enough out of them. I would like to put in side cameras and get rid of the mirrors, so let me know how that goes. The SN is a great truck, with a camper stuck on it that was designed by non-campers, so get ready for valves and switches located where they don't make sense. I've done a lot of rewiring. Current project is a rear window that opens, with a screen. Use a separate GPS system from the stereo. Built-ins are more trouble. We use truck route finder,Waze and the good Sam's route planner on our smart phones and laptop and can share the route between devices, plan route outside of the cab, etc. Oh, make a set of curtains to go behind the drivers cab to keep AC and heat where you want it while driving.
FreedMeister is offline   Reply With Quote