View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 02:46 PM   #1
NewEnglandah

Default New Kid from Massachusetts

Hi, all...

Thank you for having a look at my first post since joining the Gulf Stream Owners Forum. Technically, I am not an owner - yet.

With retirement approaching, my significant other and I are making tentative plans to buy a small travel trailer around the spring to summer timeframe. We'd be using it to see more of the country, visit children (and my first grandchild) who live out of state, and possibly do some snow-birding to escape the New England winter for a couple of months each year.

Some friends of ours own a small travel trailer (an R-Pod, which is another line we have looked at) and love not only the freedom, but the community. We have done plenty of our own research, too, and after doing walk-throughs at four RV dealerships and watching plenty of helpful YouTube videos, we feel one of the Vintage or Vista Cruiser 19s may be a good way to go for us.

We've settled on a 2020 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum AWD (towing capacity of 6,000 pounds) as a tow vehicle, largely because we would prefer a medium sized SUV to a pickup, and believe that it should easily handle a trailer with a dry weight of ~3,500 pounds plus cargo, with an ample margin for safety.

Does anyone else here tow a Vintage or Vista Cruiser 19 with a Pathfinder? What have your experiences been? Thank you ahead of time for whatever thoughts you may offer up.

...NewEnglandah
NewEnglandah is offline   Reply With Quote