View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 08:08 PM   #3
ummalterman

Default Air Suspension level (Rear) 1998 SUNVOYAGER/SPARTAN DP

Hi! Thanksfor that, 72chevy.

Well, I'm not too concerned about standing air loss, although there is another thing I meant to ask about. (Later) The coach rides fine whenever I've driven it on our narrow roads...(a total of 50 miles since I bought it) but it just seems the 'normal' (driving level/attitude) is a little lower at the rear and I'd prefer to raise it if easily possible. Of course, when parked up I'll be using the BigFoot jacks...it's the ride height I'm enquiring about.

Since my posting I've crawled underneath to check and it seems there's only a couple of levers I could adjust on each airbag, but I don't want to mess up without advice from my US buddies. Is there an easier way?

Anyhoo, the other thing is the Haldex Air Dryer/purge system/cylinder. My last short drive, down VERY narrow 'country' roads, brushing each hedge, became very alarming as the air pressure in the rear tank started dropping cyclically to around 65psi then back up (Thank God!) to 135psi. I was fearful of the air brakes coming on automatically through loss of pressure, stranding me & the wife in the middle of a dangerously narrow road with MANY bends and oncoming traffic!

I now know it was the Haldex unit, which continues to purge air from the bottom valve constantly, cycling....135-65 psi. Is this normal? I wouldn't have thought so!! Any suggestions? Is it a common fault? Is it just dirt stuck in the valve? Anybody else had this? Suggestions welcome. Many thanks, toodlepip! Tom.