View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 08:03 PM   #2
RJ82much

Ron,

With all your batteries dead (& no 12v to your fridge), I think I would roll a car up to the front of your MH, connect jumpers to the chassis (motor) battery, get a charge on it, and start the engine. The engine alternator will quickly charge that battery. AFTER a decent time of motor battery charging, I would depress that dash "battery" switch and hold it for a while. That will charge the house batteries.

I would also get perishibles out of the fridge unless I was certain I could get either 12 volts dc or 115 volts ac into the coach reliably.

If you have a generator, then start it & leave run for a decent time. If not, then keep using the MH engine alternator, with the switch depressed (got kids?). Perhaps slip something under the switch lever to hold it "on".

In the meantime, can you get a house extension cord out to the MH? 50amp-30amp "dogbone" adaptor, with 30amp - 20amp "duplex" plug adaptor will get ac power to MH to charge house batteries through internal converter.

Next, you need to find why all batteries are going dead. Did you leave power on hydraulic leveler system? Did you leave those little floor lights on? (My wife constantly turns them on without noticing). Did you leave the compartment light main switch on? Do you pull a toad? & leave it plugged in? (More on that if you did).

Sounds like you didn't want the coach dead, but you could always turn off the main disconnect for the chassis. That guarantees that all the computer modules are off. It will loose radio presets, but you just did with the dead battery anyway. BTW, I think that is what you mean by the battery isolator. I don't think the battery isolator (disconnect) will change state once the battery is dead. (Not sure if they are held open or closed, or merely center till operated either on or off).

Please answer with some of the equipment you do or don't have.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote