View Single Post
Old 06-06-2021, 07:40 PM   #8
NERoamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by atreis View Post
Most trailers (including GulfStream) have white rubber or EPDM roofs. There a handful of more expensive brands that use fiberglass or aluminum. To answer your question, it's normal.
It's funny I'm a new owner myself and have been recently trying to determine exactly what kind of roof I have (It's a Friendship 248BH). The back of the owner's manual makes reference to EPDM so I thought it was that but wanted to be sure so i contacted Gulf Stream. They answered back saying that it is TPO instead. I asked for a 2nd confirmation citing the reference in the owners manual. The reply was that a smooth surface on a rubber roof would tell me that it is EPDM but a textured surface would indicate TPO. I went up there and sure enough, textured. So I messaged Gulfstream back and stated that i would take their word for it. When I go this week to buy some dicor to have on hand for repairs I'm going to relay my experience to the dealer just to see what they say as well.

How hard would it be to just say in the manual what the roof is made of?! Geeesh.
NERoamer is offline   Reply With Quote