View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 01:13 AM   #12
Chuck v

Default Re: Are you a 97-01 tourmaster owners? Do you have a tag?

These floor plans?

The 8430 has the clothing carousel -- does not seem very space efficient to me but I suppose it is rather convenient.

My main slide is hydraulic with double cylinders but it does use cables to synchronize the two sides. It is bigger than the living slide on the 8430 and is a full 42 inches deep. The bedroom slide is gear driven, but the third (vanity) slide is a cable system. I have never had any issues with the mechanisms, but the front slide has had its UHMW slip plate replaced and additional runners put on the slide outer floor to keep the fabric there from being damaged. Similarly, the vanity slide has had stainless runners placed on its outer fabric floor covering.

My coach is over 42 feet long in reality -- 42 feet and 8 inches. It is a long wheel base at 288 inches so you do have to be concerned with high centering on driveways and some overly tall speed bumps. I guess the tag would help there. For tight turning you would always lift the tag anyway to avoid scuffing the tires...the 45 foot H3 Prevost above was like that. We had that commercial coach built to our specifications by Vantare' in Florida which became a Featherlite company -- I had great fun being so intimately involved in defining its capabilities and features.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote