View Single Post
Old 12-17-2019, 05:42 PM   #9
Chuck v

Mike,

You are correct that the baseband video as supported over an RCA jack cannot provide an HD quality video connection -- for that you would need at least an RF connection supporting MPEG encoded broadcast per ATSC or the digital link of an HDMI connection.

In my coach, the AV equipment was over the windshield and adjacent to the front monitor location over the right half of the windshield. So the upgraded Blu-Ray disc player I put in had its HDMI output fed directly to an HDMI port on the replacement HDTV receiver that I installed. I did not try to route any video from the front disc player to other TVs in the rig...for the bedroom I installed another Blu-Ray player at that location to source HD and UHD signals to the bedroom TV.

To watch over-the-air or park cable content, the TVs input selectors could be set to their respective coax inputs, and for satellite or disc HD and greater content these TVs input internal input selectors are set to their appropriate HDMI port.

HDMI is a modern interconnect that includes a security feature called HDCP that requires two-way communication from source to display...because of this an HDMI connection must be direct and consistent. Not quite as simple as the old analog video methods, nor as well suited to wireless extension (although this is possible using moderately expensive modules...)

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is online now   Reply With Quote