View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 08:42 AM   #8
Tomahawk Teri

Default Follow-up to Serious Troubles w/ 2007 Conquest

Sorry for the delay in updating everyone - you've all been very helpful and mostly supportive and I appreciate it. But other than to post my multiple calls to the dealer to check on the status of the trailer repairs (it was dropped off to them on 10/29/07 and I called them regularly December and January), there was nothing tangible to report and I didn't want to waste your time posting my frustration w/ nothing concrete to discuss.

When we dropped off the unit in October, we went over in detail each and every problem we had w/ it (the list was pages long). The dealer took multiple pictures and sent them to the manufacturer (Mike Ward) to determine what could be done.

The repairs were 'completed' in mid-January. Rather than replace the shower stall (they determined that it was leaking between the shower stall and the wallboard), they somehow re-attached the shower stall better. I don't know exactly what they did, to be honest, I just know that they chose not to replace the shower. They also worked on the myriad of other smaller issues. There was no one available to discuss any of the repairs when my husband picked the unit up, so we we just told it was ready to go.

Because of the weather, we weren't able to use the unit until the end of March. Based on a four-day trip, the major leak seems to be fixed - no wet carpet, so we're very happy about that (perhaps temporarily). However, the water pump kicked on in the middle of the night when there was no water usage, so we knew there was yet another leak somewhere. The service techs had already cut a hole in the wall behind the shower (and covered w/ a mirror), so we took down the mirror and there was water leaking down the back-end of the faucet. Not a steady stream, but a leak nonetheless.

In addition, the audio on the DVD player kept kicking in and out intermittently (which was one of the myriad of items we noted previously).

A phone call to the dealer resulted in him shipping us a new shower valve and a DVD, which we received last week. My husband installed both of these yesterday and so far we've seen no leaks in the shower, but the new DVD player won't read some DVD's(which were loaded w/ no problems on the 'old' DVD player, so it's not a DVD problem).

I spoke w/ the dealer this morning, and he's going to look into a new DVD for us...

Ironically, I received a customer satisfaction survey from Gulf Stream last week and am not sure how to respond nicely...

So, bottom line is that this unit continues to be a problem and I'd love it if Gulf Stream would just replace the entire unit with a new one with no problems - we haven't even had the trailer for a year yet, so I'm wondering what else we have to look forward to.

With frustration,
Teri
Tomahawk Teri is offline   Reply With Quote