View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 07:30 PM   #4
GStream40
Site Team

Roy,

I know exactly how you feel. In June they had to put a new driver's side front fender on our coach because the original cracked when we sitting in Florida in Feb. New fender looked great, paint job was perfect.

Four weeks later it started getting a "dent" in the front part of the fender, then one started towards the rear of the fender. Dents and ripples started showing up all along the top of the fender.

Well, Gulf Stream approved of the dealer to install another fender and I took it in on Oct. 25th since we wouldn't be using the coach until we leave for Florida after the holidays. The dealer called and said it was done last Friday.

Today, we went to pick it up. The fender looked good along it the two other items they were to repair. I stepped back to look at the fender at a distance and what is that???

The "waist trim" above the fender is cracked!! That wasn't cracked when I bought it in to the dealer. Back inside to the service manager I go, he got ahold of the body shop manager. He looked at it and agreed " Yep, it's cracked." So now the coach is still at the dealer's now waiting on a new "waist trim" molding to be shipped from Gulf Stream.

Dealer's body shop had to have cracked it..Grrrrrrr..

They are supposed to have it shipped FedEx overnite from GS and I am going to contact GS Parts Manager to see that it is. Gulf Stream has done this before on the fender that put on in June when I asked them to so that we could go to our rally.

Yep, Always something, but this is actually our fifth RV from three different manufacturers, Guess what? The only RV that I didn't have a problems pop up after the first month was our first Gulf Stream coach.

Dummy I should have kept the other coach.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote