View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 04:00 PM   #5
owenaa

Hi Bob

Well, all is fixed now... Scott did have the Chief Electrical Engineer call me personally.. Very nice conversation, but he didn't have much knowledge of the older coaches... He said '95 was way before his time and that they didn't have a lot of paperwork on them... I also received a call from Lori at customer service? she said they have a few customer service folks out sick and she was sent over to help out with the call backs?

I had already contacted Intellitec and Victor returned my call and fixed me right up? Basically he was able to tell me which plug and pin that the return voltage came back to the BCC? The 12v signal was there, so it was a matter of tracing the lan to the plug that supplies the 12v output to the relay?. It worked.. I had to remove the cover off the fog light relay to inspect the lan.. when I did, I found an open on the trace to the plug? I repaired it and the circuit is now operational?.

HOWEVER?. In talking to Victor and comparing the circuit board to the diagram we discovered that the schematic is mislabeled along with the diagram.. They actually have the relay ?Hot & ?Gnd? pins reversed?He said that there is a difference between the diesel circuit and the gas circuit and the diagram is the same as the gas, but the gas plug has 8 pins instead of 6? it?s hard to imagine, it?s 12 years old and no one else has noticed that?

In this circuit it really didn?t matter because it is used as a circuit gnd and not a chassis ground? it returns to the circuit board to the isolation relay circuit? I guess they are using the relay coil as a choke or voltage drop back to the other circuit?

My problem came from someone adding a chassis ground to the ignition relay coil? for what ever reason they thought it was necessary.. The individual I bought it from had just had the Banks Power system added to the coach and I have noticed several additional grounds? in this case it was a bad move? With the reversed wires to the relay, the black was positive and the orange was circuit ground? of course they put the additional chassis ground to the black wire which put the 12v to ground.. first thing to give up was the lan on the circuit board..

I repaired the lan and removed the additional ground and everything is back to normal?
Thanks for the help and replies?.

1995 GS Scenic Cruiser w/slideout- MPV-8341-WED : BANKS Powered!!!
owenaa is offline   Reply With Quote