View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 06:38 PM   #2
gbarngrover

Default DTV converter box

I have a 2007 Independence, the tv components are in a cabinet above the sofa. The control that you turn on the power (12V) to the antenna should have coxial cables on the back of it. There are different styles but mine is mounted on a switch plate. I took the plate loose and out of the wall and on the back are coxial cables. Mine had 3 cables and it was marked on the back of the plate what they were for.
One is antenna.
Two is cable. Three is out to TV'S.
If you only have two cables it is probably antenna and out to tv but you need to confirm which one is out to TV's. Don't connect the one that goes to the antenna to the converter box.
Anyway you need to disconnect the one that goes out to the TV'S and connect it to the converter box connection that is marked to the TV. Then connect a coxial cable from the connector that you removed the coxial cable from on the control and run it to the converter box antenna in.
I drilled 2 holes in the switch plate and put 2 coxial cable unions thru the switch plate, connected the cables on the back side and put the plate back on the wall, connected 2 short calbes from the union half on the face of the plate and ran to the converter box. Hope this helps.
gbarngrover is offline   Reply With Quote