View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 04:26 PM   #4
RayChez1

I was studying the Ready brake system, and it is an actuating type hitch which works basicly like the system I have on my boat trailer. By looking at the picture in google I can't tell if it has it own master cylinder or if it utilizes the master cylinder already on the toad. The vacuum booster would be no problem. All he has to do is apply the brakes about three times after the engine is turned off to bleed the air off the booster. But he has to have some kind of an adapter valve system that would incorporate the air and then into the hydraulic system to work together. There is another company that has a simular system, but they don't have the actuating hitch. The adapter is mounted right behind the toad master cylinder and an air line attaches to it coming from the coach. I am not quite sure, but I believe it was manufactured by M&S or something like that.
The Ready brake system looks like a good system, but I don't know how much of a job it is to install on the toad. Once it is installed I am sure all you have to do is connect the air hoses and bleed the booster on the toad.
That is what I do with my Honda Pilot EXL.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote