View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 10:26 PM   #13
GStream40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by davmac
Ron,

Could you given a descriptive explaination of the pump?

The web picture isn't clear on what tubes are connected where and what lengths the tubes reach. I have a 1999 SVBus where the oil fill is horizontal and also needs a tube to fill. Using a funnel/tube was a mess and the pump sounds like a solution to this problem.

Thanks,
Dave

Dave,
I don't have one, yet, but the way I understand the description you get two different suction hoses. One of these connect to the pump and you place in the container that you want to suck the oil out of. Permanently mounted on the pump (see picture at link above post) is the discharge pipe that you place into where you want the oil to go, in our case in our discussion, we are talking about the oil filler. Turn the pump on and it will pump the oil out of the container and into the oil filler for the engine.

The suction hose would probably have to be shortened for the application we are discussing about using it for.

Like I said, this is my understanding of the description and applying it to what we want to do is put oil into the engine, not out of it.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote