View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 12:58 PM   #2
GStream40
Site Team

Default Re: Just bought a diesel puller!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill
I've done some browsing on this site, and have seen that owners are having a lot of problems and there's a lot of negativity. I sure hope that there are also a lot of happy Gulfstream owners out there!!!
This is not to minimize the problems there are with these rigs, but I am hoping the percentage is no different than the other manufacturers' and that we didn't buy into a world of problems!

Jill,

Welcome to the Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum!!

Also, Congratulations on your purchase of a GSC diesel puller with the FRED chassis. Bet the delivery date seems a long time away.

To put in perspective of the percentages, there are 1200 to 1350 class A coaches built by Gulf Stream each year. Add these up over just the past say, 4 years and the figure is at least 4800 class A's alone built by GSC.
That figure does not include the towables that are manufactured, which I don't have the figures for them.
We have registered here just over 230 members. Of those you see a few posts with problems or complaints. So that means that somewhere there must be a very, very large percentage of GSC owners that are happy with no complaints or problems.

Sort of puts things in perspective doesn't it?

I am not saying that you might not have a "punch" list of things when you get your coach, it happens with all manufacturers. I have owned 5 different new RV's and had things that needed to be done to each and every one.

Look forward to reading more of your posts and more about your FRED chassis diesel. Keep us updated and hopefully if we have other members with a FRED chassis they will share there experiences with us.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote