View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 07:56 PM   #8
Hugh G

Default Re: No cabin battery power

Update: 2005 BT Cruiser model 5290 Electrical Problem

The converter (PD9260C) checks out fine. I troubleshooted it today and found the fuses to be good and the DC output to be good (13.62v). So I'm still trying to find out why I have lost DC power to the coach. I've checked all the coach fuses/circuit breakers I can locate. One thing I noticed, however, was when I "test" and "reset" the bathroom GCFI I hear 3 clicks - seems like the clicks are coming from down below the bathroom sink/toilet area. They are not coming from the transfer relay or converter. Is there a solenoid or breaker somewhere in that area??

To re-cap, my problem started when I was connected to 15-20 amp garage power and was running the air conditioned. As a new RV'er, I cut on the generator. It tripped the garage circuit breaker and there was no AC/DC power to the coach. After I reset the garage circuit breaker I now have AC power to the microwave and TV's but no DC power.The slides work when the E450 engine is running but not otherwise. The generator and air conditioner wont start. I've recharged the 9 month old battery to fully charged and still not DC power. I'm beginning to think that the automatic transfer relay or possible a solenoid might be the problem, but I suspect the transfer relay circuit board might have gotten fried. Perhaps I've overlooked something more simple since I'm so new to RV'ing.

Any help appreciated. Thanks
Hugh G is offline   Reply With Quote