View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 08:29 AM   #3
Bjenkinssr

The house batteries are both 12vt deep cycle and wired in parallel to provide 12 volts at a longer amp hour. The transfer switch is definitely switching when the generator shuts off. All the outlets are working when the generator is running or shore power is on but still no charge to the house batteries. When I first installed the batteries I am wondering if the positive and/or negative battery leads might have touched the chassis with either shore power or generator power on causing a short. I can not locate any blown fuses and I believe the solenoid in the electrical bay are functioning properly. This issue has me stumped.

This all started from the following: I was trying to put out the slide on the passenger side which is a electric motor rack and pinion type slide (the driver side slide is hydraulic) when it would not operate with the generator operating. I started the engine (with the generator still on) and tried again with no success. I then heard the dash beeping and illuminating the batt light. The generator then shut off. I then went through the process of testing the alternator and it’s working just fine. I found the coach batteries to be low so I charged them. One of the batteries had a dead cell according to my charger so I replaced them both. During this process I did have the coach plugged into to shore at some point to put the slide out (it only operates on shore power still to this day even with the new batteries). Now the chassis battery is full as the alternator charges it completely but nothing is sending voltage back to my house batteries whether it be the alternator, generator or shore power.
Bjenkinssr is offline   Reply With Quote