View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 09:03 AM   #2
MAJWayne88

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossross View Post
Do you have any details about what to remove to allow the slide out to be removed from the wall of the coach? I think the 5 inch fluted wood trim and the 90 degree aluminum angle must be removed to allow the "Box" to slide out of the coach. I get the aluminum angle it is held on to the side and top of the box with screws and provides the surface for the seals to contact see photographs But have no clue about the disassembly of the "box- slide out" wood picture frame. Any help or references is greatly appreciated Pictures included to better show the issue. Any information about supporting the box, super extending the rack and pinion slide mechanism etc is also appreciated
I feel your pain. I'm in the process of removing my galley slide out now. We just got all the trim off yesterday, so today, we are disconnected from the slide mechanisms and sliding the box out. Enough of my saga...yes, you will need to remove (carefully) the wood trim (probably held with pin nails and MAYBE some type of adhesive). Pry it off, all the way around and there is probably a backer to it (mine was OSB) with a metal/aluminum piece. Then remove the angle pieces (held in with screws, most likely) and viola...you should have clearance to slide her out. Can't speak to the bottom (slide mechanism) as we have not yet tackled that part. Good luck!!
MAJWayne88 is offline   Reply With Quote