View Single Post
Old 11-08-2020, 12:54 PM   #8
MAJWayne88

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossross View Post
Thanks for the reply, so basically nothing to remove as far as fasteners, just carefully pry the wood away from the box wall and cut the adheasive if found I assumed there were wire or pin nails used
I have detached the slide room from the slide mechanism on mine, it was simply run the slide room out and there are self drilling sheet metal flat headed Philips screws. Use a #3 philips bit as the screws are probably #14 about 1 7/8 inches long. The box rolls out on 2 - 8 inches rollers near the ends. I assume you can slide it right out onto a platform, but have no idea how heavy ( Maybe 500#????) How would you lay it down assuming that it is the bottom that needs repaired? I see you have a Yellowstone, so our slide mechanism maybe different. Mine is rack and pinion electric motor driven, I assume yours may be hydralic powered. Anyway should be obvious how the slide attaches underneath.

As for mine I'm proceeding by pulling out all the old bad delaminated plywood replacing with 1/4 plywood as far back as I can reach and then am covering up the entire bottom with 9 foot by 32 inch 1/8 thick aluminum. Then the rollers will run on the aluminum and will also be the close out of the bottom panel. The wall only seem to attached to the floor with 6 - 3-3/4 fully threaded screws, so will need to add more screws. it appears those screws go into a box section (square or rectangle) so that is the purpose of the full threads it grabs top and bottom. not nearly enough fasteners in my opinion. Thats my progress so far
Sorry I didn't get back to you (was caught up in my own issues with slide removal and renovation)! But it sounds like you're on the right track, just go slow and pry carefully! LOL Remember....you break it, you buy it!! LOL So far mine is going "well", lots of soggy wood in the subfloor, but new subfloor is going in and the flooring has been ordered. I'm getting a much more intimate knowledge of my motorhome than I ever wanted when I bought it, but hey, at least I know her inside and out!!
MAJWayne88 is offline   Reply With Quote