View Single Post
Old 11-09-2020, 10:22 AM   #9
hossross

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJWayne88 View Post
Sorry I didn't get back to you (was caught up in my own issues with slide removal and renovation)! But it sounds like you're on the right track, just go slow and pry carefully! LOL Remember....you break it, you buy it!! LOL So far mine is going "well", lots of soggy wood in the subfloor, but new subfloor is going in and the flooring has been ordered. I'm getting a much more intimate knowledge of my motorhome than I ever wanted when I bought it, but hey, at least I know her inside and out!!
.to hear your making progress, I've been doing mine myself and I'm old so big job for me, but finishing up next few days. Boy is that last sentence true. Obviously they either under designed/built many areas. For instance, the slide mechanism is positioned so that only 1 row of attachment screws go into an aluminum beam, the other row goes into wood. the Centerline of the mechanism doesn't match where they put the double aluminum beam obviously meant for all the screws to go into the metal. I also noticed there is an "IN" stop on the slide mechanism on the out side but not even close to be a stop unless the whole side fell off, and same on inside, there is a welded 3/8 nut on the mechanism to a bolt to be installed as a "out stop" but there is no bolt Actually it should be an Allen screw so it is more compact and concealed. Seems crude to use more stall or user opinion when tight is tight enough.
hossross is offline   Reply With Quote