View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 08:44 PM   #11
David Bott

Mine 2008 does not have a battery symbol, but just says EMERG START. It could be in a differnt location than ours. The switch would be a monetary switch. (You press and hold and when you let go it will release back.)

You can tell if that is the emergency start switch by being over in the relay/breaker bay and have someone press it. If you here the relay CLICK (Silver looking canister with battery leads on both sides and a small 12v trigger wire) then you know that is the right switch. When the button is let go, the relay will release and thus click again.

BTW...This same relay fires when the engine is running to tie the batteries together so the house batteries will charge off the engine. I just replaced my relay as it went bad. It would click, but the contacts inside were bad and thus the batteries would not tie together. I knew this by putting a 12v meter in the 12v outlet and seeing it was not charging when the engine was running. Thus the emergency start also would not work if needed.
MBE900 Diesel (Mercedes)
08' Saturn Outlook Toad
"To Boldly Go...Because We Can!"
https://www.OutsideOurBubble.com
David Bott is offline   Reply With Quote