View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 07:38 AM   #6
WE B RVN

Welcome to the forum Rob & Lynnette

A boat? This is interesting. I think you need some personal assistance with this. I could come and help you with the boat. It would only take a week or two. The only cost to you would be the beer. Just Kidding.

Depending on the size of the boat you may consider installing a hitch on the front of the motor home for launching and loading. I have seen many people do that. I have had two boats, a 20 ft and a 24 ft. However I never towed them with a motor home. As far as driving the motor home, one thing to watch for is tail swing. Put a cone (or something) beside your left rear tire, then have someone turn the steering wheel all the way to the right then start moving, watch how far the rear bumper crosses over top of the cone on the left side. The same thing opposite to the right when turning to the left. Measure the distance (probably will be over 2 feet) and you will know for example how far from a fuel pump to get so you will not clip the post when turning out of the pumps. (the tail swig on my unit is over 4 feet)

hichtrader.com has used equipment for sale. This is where I purchased my base plate for half price.

Good luck and have fun
Kevin & Cindy
WE B RVN is offline   Reply With Quote