View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 12:55 AM   #3
djqualls

I have the Cat Engine in the coach with the upgrade to 350 hp.

I used the indicator that in in the engine comaprtment. I was at yellowstone when I looked becuase I noticed a substantial loss of power going up the mountains. More than the anticipated expectation. I then pulled the filter and blew it out with the air supply attached in the coach and got about a cup full of dust and debris out of the filter. I don't have a rock guard installed and don't tow anything yet.

I had a fellow here in my hometown say he traded his GS diesel pusher (don't know any model Info) because of the air filter issues.

As for filter pricing, I'm about 45 miles from OKC which is the nearest Freightliner center and NAPA could have it same day. I got it at my local mechanics discount rate. (small town...Many Friends)

Just scratching my head on this one.

As a Side note I'm scheduled to take the coach back to ELkhart to Master Tech for warranty work which included replacing all yes ALL windows and doing a serious retrofit to the air conditionsing system in order to install a roof air booster so I can get the coach under 85 on 90 degree days in Oklahoma.

So Far Gulfstream (Cheryl) has been very responsive and she met me on location along with her superior in Elkhart when I was there a couple of weeks ago to see first hand my issues.

I also have the usual list of minor fix-ups as well.

I would like to thank whomever started this forum.

David Qualls
Tecumseh, OK