View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 06:58 PM   #8
03heritagerider

Default Re: New owner question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarRv
I just purchased a repo '03 Friendship Quattro 41'. I checked it over as best I could. It has the Cummins 400HP with about 50,000 miles. The slide covers were replaced last summer and a small leak by the bedroom window was repaired at the same time. The full body paint is in great condition except for a golf-ball size chip on the front end. I got it for what I consider, a steal, so small repairs won't bother me. Does this year and model have any paticular problems and concerns I should be watching for?
Thanks
We bought an '03 Frienship Quattro new. I've had to repair or replace several items that I would suspect any MH owner would. Nothing I would consider specific to the Friendship. Have replaced the controller on the steps, dash heater valve, two slide toppers, furnace curcuit board, toilet flush valve, vent fan motors, overhead windshield fans. All in all, normal wear items. We have 36,000 miles and tires are starting to show rot. Infact, blew an inside rear tire on the way to Florida in January. The only real quality issue I have is with the paint. It's peeling in several places. I had a body man look and he said the clear is cracking and peeling then the color goes after. The paint on top of the mirrors is completely gone. Going to replace with chrome ones. If I have to get the whole unit painted, I'm going pure white. Easy to touch-up. I've got to say, I love the unit and figure it requires the same maintenance as the brick 'n stick home. Good luck and enjoy!