View Single Post
Old 07-01-2022, 11:57 AM   #8
BigBoyAl

Chuck - I thought I had replied to your latest message but I must have typed it out but forgot to post.

I continue to look around for what options I have to fix or replace frig. So far, the closest two repair shops have said they recommend replacing frig with residential and while I think we could get by with electrical only and rarely would be camping without electrical hookups I was hoping to keep the 2 way option and avoid potential for replacement from looking hillbilly. I have found refurbished Dometic 1292 cooling systems online but neither of the service centers I spoke with will install refurbished and manufacturer no longer makes replacement cooling system for that model.

I am going to keep checking around with some larger service centers in hopes that maybe they have better option. The estimates I have got so far range from $3500 - $5500 and that just simply seems too high and I can't help get the feel I was talking with parts replacers and not real savvy technicians.

As for the small wall switch, I will turn it on for a few minutes and confirm that is for hot water heater just to be sure.

THanks again for your help thus far.
BigBoyAl is offline   Reply With Quote