View Single Post
Old 07-13-2022, 08:43 AM   #19
BigBoyAl

Chuck

Thanks for response, I am sure you are correct on the inverters not powering AC units, I do have a microwave so perhaps that accounts for demand. If money weren't an object, I would likely go the residential route with a solar array and dedicated inverter and batteries. Once we can use it and determine if we like the RV life, we can consider a future upgrade and I doubt I will get credit for any fancy upgrades when I sell this old of a rig. I appreciate the dimensions of the Dometic 1292, I used the same chart to try to find something close, the countertop fridges are even more expensive but a 22.5 or possibly 23 cu. ft. model would be very close in dimension and depending you can probably find one that will fit inside with doors off.

I remain optimistic that will be camping in a few weeks once I get this fixed and then begins the real learning process. We still have a bunch to learn about how to setup, travel and supply the RV but looking forward to that instead of fixing.

One other question, I have had the AC units running while working on the RV the past few weekends and when I was on the roof installing my vent covers, I noticed the runoff from the AC units was pooling at the side of the roof. The 2-3 inch wide band of dicor is damming up water and not letting it runoff preventing it from getting to edge gutter. No apparent leaks in the roof and I believe the RV was mostly level but concerned with water pooling. I was wondering if a trough of some kind should be installed to channel the water off the roof from the drip pan? Just curious if you have heard of anyone dealing with this before?
BigBoyAl is offline   Reply With Quote