View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 10:49 AM   #2
RayChez1

I have changed both the fluid on the transmission and the oil and filters on the engine.
I didn't take any special classes on how to change the oil. I used to do it on my pickup before. The only difference is this is in a larger scale. I have the Caterpillar 3126-E engine which holds 19 quarts of oil, so I just went to WalMart and bought a oil catch container that would hold the amound of oil I just mentioned. I set it under the pan and pull the plug. I buy the Shell Rotella oil at WalMart and the filter I get it at Napa. After I drain the oil, then I move the pan over to catch a small amount of oil from the filter. You will need a good oil filter wrench for the filter. I even had to use a short cheeter bar to break it lose. After I removed the filter I installed the new filter and
hand tighten it. Put the plug back on and tighten it with a wrench and add the new oil. Add what ever it calls for and then check the dip stick. It might show a little above the marker. Start your engine and let it run for a few minutes and then recheck the dip stick again. It should be perfect.
Now on my coach I only have one fuel filter two micron which is on the water separater/fuel filter combination. What I do is remove the filter by unscrewing the whole canister. On mine it has like a plastic bowl in the bottom of the filter. Unscrew the bottom part off the fuel filter and wash it clean, then screw it back on the new filter. Be carefull and install the gaskets back on the filter that come with the new filter. I fill the new fuel filter with diesel and install it back on. It takes about half hour to do the job and very easy. The coach will start right away. Let it run for a few minutes then turn it off.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote