View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 03:15 PM   #16
pwerwagn

Little update:

Got the horton EC450 installed, huge difference in noise. I havent taken it out on a trip yet to see if theres any power to be gained, but I will this weekend.

I got the FICM back and it had 4 bad modules in it. They rebuilt the FICM and it starts better, sounds better, revs cleaner, etc. Hopefully this helps out some too (and its now lifetime warranty and hopefully prevents me from being stuck on the side of the road with a dead FICM). I have not sent it for the tune yet as I want to see how it runs with these mods before changing more stuff. I also blocked off the EGR while I had the doghouse out.

I also finished sound deadening the interior. I put 80mil butyl noico on the firewall and floor, and then 315mil noico red foam on the fire wall and 150mil noico foam on the floor. I covered the doghouse in 80mil and 315mil. I also did 80 mil/315 mil in the doors. When I had the doors apart, both doors had the weatherstripping/guide for the glass in the tracks fall out. It was making the windows noisy when I rolled them down. Simple fix.

For any of you looking for a tune, Bill at PHP is now selling the tuner:
/https://gopowerhungry.com/orion-reflash-system-for-navistar/

--Jeff