View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 06:48 PM   #3
Texas TC

My SuperNova is probably the oldest one on the site. I have had it for over 30,000 miles and two and a half years. When I ordered it, there was a question as to whether they were going to add the second fuel tank and ladder. They had not built one with both of these options at the time. It did come in with both options. However, I still have the original diamond plate steps painted black. I have thought about changing them out for the new design but I kinda like the looks and durability of the ones I have.

I have added:

Tinted windows in the cab and bedroom.
Day/night shades in the living room.
Two towel racks in the toilette area.
Three hooks on the outside top of the toilette door.
Three hooks above the entry door for my baseball caps.
Digital converter for the front TV. The rear TV was changed out during warranty and is digital ready.
In-motion satellite system with Directv receiver.
7" TV for the outside entertainment area.
Air ride suspension.
Folding rocking chair that stores under the dinette when in motion.
Black out window covers for the living room. Used when the coach is stored on the pad by our house. The windows face the west.
Power vent. (I did not order one because I did not want the opening in the roof. When it arrived, it had a manual hatch opening so I added the power vent).

I have had no issues with the pantry or leaking basement storage. I have made it a practice to have the seal checked between the cap and the body of the coach each year. Every year it has to be maintained I have found.

As previously mentioned, I replaced the water hose after it was damaged due to rubbing on the frame. I also replaced the hose on JimBob's coach. His did the same thing. He was in Texas for a visit and we replaced it on a Sunday afternoon.

My coach came with the wrong colored captains chairs so GS changed them out for the right ones during the first year. (Our decor is Sante Fe and it came with cream colored front seats. Didn't bother me but my wife insisted that they be changed to match the sofa. As it turned out, we got larger and more comfortable chairs out of the deal).

My next purchase will probably be air horns since I have a compressor and big air tank on board.

I would also like to find some better shocks for the front axle. Now that the rear has been calmed down with air suspension, I feel that an even better ride could be had with some good high performance shocks. (If anyone finds some, please post).

We truly love our coach and plan to keep it for a long time.

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote