View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 08:40 PM   #5
Texas TC

There is a sealant that is supposed to waterproof the joint at the front cap and the fiberglass roof. Due to Texas sun and movement on the road, the sealant seems to erode over a years travel time. This past season, my dealer used a new compound (don't remember the name of the product) that is advertised to hold up under hot sunny conditions and stay pliable so that movement will not cause cracking.

Prior to this year, the dealer physically removed the sealant at the joint and replaced it with the same product annually.

To find issues, I have the coach pressure tested so that the leaks can be detected from the outside rather than finding them on the inside.

Even with the new product, I still plan to have the coach pressure tested this season. It is a cheap ( $89.00) way to find issues before they become problems.

Also, I am confident that the movement and vibration has been reduced with the addition of the air ride suspension system. Over time, I am sure the coach and its' components are going to appreciate not being jarred and bounced around like they were before the addition of the new suspension.

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote