View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 11:30 AM   #7
schmittm

Where did you get the black out covers for the living room windows. I have a 2008 6372. Did you add compressor and tank or are you talking about the one for the brakes because I have been thinking of putting air horns on too.
Also trying to find info on changing to new fiberglass step covers instead of metal diamond plate.
I will post pictures later, but I sound proofed hood and engine compartment and then took out seats, pulled floor matt back and took door panels off and sound proofed the inside of the cab. HUGE difference, can barely here clatter of diesel engine once fan goes off. Used the car audio sound deadening material. Will post name of website later because it is a lot cheaper than using dynomat? Or what ever then name brand expensive stuff is called. Cost me $399.00 for all materials and I have about 75 sq ft left over to use some where else.
Put a TS Diesel programmer on engine, does not effect computor. It hooks into fuel line pressure electrical port. Go to their website to learn more. It makes a difference in power, but not sure my mileage is better. Can be unhooked in minutes and does not change computer so will not affect warranty.
Has anyone added Alcoa aluminium wheels yet? This will suppossedly improve ride and reduce a lot of weight (unsprung) which should increase breaking and mileage.
Has anyone added a 2000 watt sinewave system and 2 extra batteries yet. Looking for how it was wired.