View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 03:11 PM   #7
univmd

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bott
"Not a big deal but mine continues to display the amount of amps being used (even though the manual says it shouldn't when on generator). Does yours? Occasionally, the "30 amp" and "genset" light will flicker back and forth when I increase the load too. Does yours?"

This is the case with mine. It will show the AMPS used. It will not show the AMPS used if on shore power.
You are correct. On mine the ems continues to display the amount of amps being used even though the manual says it shouldn't. My guess is that a dip swtich in the back was set so that energy is still being managed and that something will be shed if enough amps are used. In the manual, I think it says that this can be done even though the default is to not have anything managed while the generator is used. And yes, on mine, the genset light flickers down to 30 amps from time to time, not sure if it only happens when I increase the load, but it does happen while I am using two or three airconditioners. And yes, on shore power, ems will not show amps used. Hmmm, I wonder why our ems flickers between genset and 30amps on generator............