View Single Post
Old 09-01-2020, 11:43 AM   #19
Chuck v

Wayne,

Thanks for the additional information -- most tires of this size are just under 150 lbs, and your coach may use a smaller cross-section than my full size 42 foot diesel pusher.

Another consideration is how you will remove and re-torque the lug nuts, as these are specified to be torqued to 500 FT-LBS. You will need at least a 3/4 drive wrench, and a reliable torque wrench will run you $650 or more -- here is an example:
https://www.protorquetools.com/3-4-d...ench-12006-4r/

Let us know how much you end up having invested in the rim, tire, dolly, bottle jack, tire carrier, heavy air wrench and torque wrench in total, and then divide that by the number of times you need to use it to see if this is an economical and effective way to avoid the potential cost and ineptitude of others while on the road.

As much as I have worried about the potential of bad 'professional' maintenance of large rigs that pass me or I meet on the road, I am no less concerned by the owner maintained ones in general -- but I do have many friends that are meticulous with their machines. Far the biggest worry I have had is the driver of the rig that is in their later years and do not have all that much experience in handling a large rig under emergency conditions. Most members of this forum are not in this category and are serious about the condition of their coaches and the skills they needed to develop to operate them properly/safely.

Looking forward to your pictures. On the second topic...regarding providing you with the documents on leveling systems that I have, these have been e-mailed to the address in your first post.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote