View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 06:55 PM   #7
quikduk

Ray,

They could have mounted it anywhere so your setup is certainly possible plus you are CAT powered so your compressor may be on the DS side which would explain the change.

On the lower photo of the dryer, the large round black canister is the thread on dryer coalescing filter. The unit mounts vertically with that filter pointing straight up. When you unscrew it (it takes a filter wrench with a size range of 4"-5" to remove it), the dessicant cartridge is inside. It just pulls out and gets replaced.

The smaller black phenolic item on the left in the picture is the main purge port when proper total system pressure has been reached (130 PSI on mine).

The brass valve with the slot in it just below and to the right of the purge port is the pressure relief valve. This is the item that gives a quick, short burst of air when the ign. key is first turned on.

Take some pics of yours and email them to me so I can see if there are any differences. After rebuilding mine, I am thoroughly familiar with how it works and goes together.

PS, Thanks for the number again.

Ken