View Single Post
Old 11-08-2021, 09:58 AM   #6
KPMullen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck v View Post
Kevin,

Still not sure why you need to remove that lamp fixture base...the wiring for my sat dish and the off air TV antenna both were routed through the front endcap above the windshield. You can access this space by removing the back false wall in the electronics cabinet just to the left of the TV itself...

What is this equipment you want to add -- I am not familiar with it.

Chuck
I've removed the satellite dishes but left the plates and wiring for the time being. I won't be using them because I do all my TV (streaming) and internet over a PepWave device. It comes with a Poynting external antenna.

My goal is (was) to use one of the satellite dish mounting plate spots (and hole) to fish the antenna cable into the upper kitchen cabinet where the PepWave is currently temporarily mounted. I hadn't really given moving the whole thing into the electronics cabinet much thought but that would work.

Either way, I need to use one of the existing cables (sat in motion or stationary sat) as a fish or chase to get the cable inside. Fishing it through seems like the biggest obstacle now. I've only got about 6' of attached cable to work with.

Thanks for helping me look at it from a totally different perspective though.

Kevin

2007 Tour Master T40-C
2012 Jeep Liberty Toad

Full-timer
KPMullen is offline   Reply With Quote