Thread: Paint codes
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 10:07 AM   #4
GStream40
Site Team

Bob,

I sat in on a seminar last year with Mike Weldy, owner of Mike's Custom Painting, and he stated that if anyone did not have the paint codes to just call his shop and they would give it to them. Also, If anyone needed touch up paint, just to call and they would sent it to them. Great guy, runs a top notch business.

Gulf Stream probably don't even have the paint codes since they do not do the actual painting of the coach. The paint shop at the GS factory is leased and operated by Mike's, Gulf Stream has nothing to do with it other than pick the colors they want the RV's painted.

This is the second Gulf Stream coach I have owned, both of them had/have the paint codes on a smaller sticker that is easily overlooked in the cabinet above the kitchen sink where the weight/information sticker was placed by Gulf Stream. The stickers have Mike's Custom Painting on them.
But, both my coaches have full body paint jobs on them, don't know if that would make a difference or not.

Mike's also does some beautiful custom painting. I saw some that was done on a Newmar and a Travel Supreme last year. Beautiful work, updated the older Newmar with the paint scheme. Both were full body paint jobs that were done.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote