View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 09:33 AM   #10
gsadmin

Default Re: Just bought a diesel puller!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GStream40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill
This is not to minimize the problems there are with these rigs, but I am hoping the percentage is no different than the other manufacturers' and that we didn't buy into a world of problems!
To put in perspective of the percentages, there are 1200 to 1350 class A coaches built by Gulf Stream each year. Add these up over just the past say, 4 years and the figure is at least 4800 class A's alone built by GSC.
That figure does not include the towables that are manufactured, which I don't have the figures for them.
We have registered here just over 230 members. Of those you see a few posts with problems or complaints. So that means that somewhere there must be a very, very large percentage of GSC owners that are happy with no complaints or problems.

Sort of puts things in perspective doesn't it? Ron
Two things...first of all, if you own a motorhome, you WILL have problems...and lots of them...its like owning a boat. Some people deal better than others with that fact...I don't know if GS is better or worse than other manufacturers, but get used to things breaking and issues cropping up...its the nature of the beast...just learn how to 'I'm on vacation' mentality and not "what, I just paid $$$$ for this" and you will be fine.

Second, to counter Rons quote saying that because we have 230 members that the percentage of people having issues is small...i disagree...first of all, it takes someone not only very saavy (especially when you consider the market demographics for motorhome owners) in the internet to find our site and know how to use it. A good rule of thumb when considering how many people have good versus bad experiences with something is 1 in 5 will actually take some form of action when they have a bad experience (fill out a complaint form, suggestion box, online forum, etc.) and 1 in 10 will do the same when they have a good experience.

Put this together with my first point that if you have an RV you will have problems and you will see that probably 80+% of those who have bought an RV have had an issue that has made them furious...Gulf Stream or otherwise...and, 2x the people will do something about it compared to those going positive.

Finally, this is the real point of this site...its a place to air out the issues and hopefully, one day, Gulf Stream will wake up, understand what really great customer service is, and start participating in this forum and providing documentation to their owners like they deserve!

Someday in two or three years I will be moving on to a more elite coach than the one I currently have (which I do love). Will it be a Gulf Stream, well for me that decision will not be placed on how many positive vs. negative comments I see on the net, but rather WHAT DOES THE COMPANY DO ABOUT IT!?
- Converted batteries to 4x6V from 2x12V
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
gsadmin is offline   Reply With Quote