Thread: Gen Set problem
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #2
David Bott

Default Re: Gen Set problem

Hi...

Not sure what coach you have, but it is like out Tour Master the gen has to be dropped out the bottom of the coach. This could be a big thing for you not only need a place with a RV lift or a pit, you need to be able to drop it all the way out to get to ANYTHING. (Big yellow gen set. 8KW)

Heck, in ours, I can not even get to the plugs or anything. Changing the oil and the filter is about it.

I am not impressed with the gen itself and surely not happy with GS and how they choose to install it. Heck, I found the bolts for the mount that holds it is to have never been tightened!!!

Oh, I do not like the gen for 2 reasons...1) It is kind of loud. 2) When you press the button to turn off, it does not cut the voltage output off first then spin down, it just spins down. This makes for a brown out event and resets things like a DVR or computer (if not using a notebook). (Transfer switch dependent I have found with testing 5 switches. But the main issue is the gen stopping.)

Sorry, no help here really. Just wanted to add to your felt frustration. (Meaning, I feel for you on this one.)
MBE900 Diesel (Mercedes)
08' Saturn Outlook Toad
"To Boldly Go...Because We Can!"
https://www.OutsideOurBubble.com
David Bott is offline   Reply With Quote