Thread: Norcold 1200
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 06:12 PM   #7
RayHarkness

Default Re: Norcold 1200

durnjg one of the recalls...they installed a black box, on the "chimney", with some wires come over to a black box, that was clipped on to one of the lower tubing, above the black cover for the circuit board. I know what your talking about. I have that cover off, and checked two fuses...5 amp.and they are good. The replacement dinsoaur board I put in was amazing. (well...I THINK) and the fridge worked the best it ever had. They are coming out to see, before we make a major decision. hoping its something simple...he did tell me they can replace that entire back of the unit, pull the fridge out insdie, put new everything on the back.........NORCOLD...and hopefully we should be good to go, if we need that route. I hate the thought of pulling it ou completely, and putting an entire new one in.

but....they told me they go thru a s ide window...it will go...NOT THE WINDSHIELD..some say you have to take the windshield out..that scares the hell out of me, because what if that gets broken....how do you replace one..but I guess they can duplicate it someplace.

I will let you know...oh... on this dinosaur board, there IS a reset button. The original norcold board you had to jump #15 to ground or something...that is out of my pay grade...I tried the reset here, didn't work..but I am going to let these guys do it before I blow up the entire coach. I had just got inside sealed nicely, and put in a new icemaker..all was great. I was feeling quite confident!!!

will update..r
RayHarkness is offline   Reply With Quote