View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #28
nemo45

Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45
Default Re: HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayChez
OK, so you have eight batteries. Two twelve volt batteries for the chassis to crank the engine over. But this other is what throws a loop to me. You say you have two more twelve volt batteries for supplying power to the twelve volt lighting. Then you say you have four more six volt batteries, I imagine hooked up in series to supply power for??????? Are you saying these other four six volt batteries are used only when you use the inverter? If that is the case then you do have a weird set up.
On my Gulf Stream the six volt batteries hooked up in series which will give you twelve volts are used for the lights and also used when inverting to 110 volts.

I hardly use my inverter, but occasionally I will use it before we hook up to shore power in a camp ground to check if I have a spot where I can get satellite. That is the first thing I do when I arrive to a new preserve is check to see if the King dome can lock into the two satellites.

There is a box inside the bed box on mine that might also be another transfer switch, but I really have not looked at it that close.
So, you have only six batteries total, four batteries for the inverter and two starting batteries? I don't understand why you think I have a wierd set up. It works fine. And, I like having the extra batteries and the systems seperate. I don't see it as being redundant, rather a feature that allows you to use both systems at the same time, while having less of a load on each.
nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote