View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 01:57 PM   #37
03heritagerider

Default Re: HELP! 12v issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayChez
I believe that you have a ground wire on your twelve volt system that is not getting a good ground and therefore you are not getting good continuity off your house batteries. Check all your ground wires coming off your house batteries.
I think you're getting closer to the issue Ray. I went to Advance Auto and bought a multi-meter (all I had were the idiot light testers).

I put the meter on one of the house batteries and it read 13.9v. Then I figured I would check the other one, but since it was jumped to the first one, I assumed it would read the same...But no!, it read 1.0v.

Back me up on this theory....
using two 12v deep cell batteries (positive to positive and negative to negative)
1. If they are connected properly, they should read the same.
2. If they do not read the same, then they are not (properly) connected (bad or loose ground)
then...
3. If they are not properly connected
a. one of the batteries can be bad or,
b. one battery is not being charged and thus discharging the other battery with use.

Have to go out now, but will check for responses later. Probably won't be able to check connections until the weekend.

Thanks everyone for your input.
Ray, Special thanks to you for your years of advice.