View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 05:46 PM   #4
Colorado350

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaluski View Post
I will be going late July but I heard it could snow even in July. That all makes great sense. I think we might want to unhitch the car and drive separate doesn't sound like a road to tow a car. We do that when we go over the mountain from Palm Desert, CA to the coast highway 74. Thank you.
Yeah, I would unhook no need to burn up your transmission. Yes, we were in the High Rockies on July 26th a year ago, temps dropped 40* went from 60’s to the low 20’s in 2 hours and from Summer to WTH is Mother Nature upset about!?!

Summer time, definitely watch your temps, you will see semi’s pull over into the right lane, turn on their flashers and slowly crawl up the mountain.. This is so they don’t overheat the engine and or transmission. We will typically do the same thing, get in the right lane and slowly go up the mountain. if you don’t like how slow we’re going, you can pass or kiss my mountain pass! . As long as your rig is in good mechanical shape you should be fine. It looks like you’re coming from North Carolina don’t forget to check your bearings on the rig also.