View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 07:05 PM   #4
Swanee

Send a message via Yahoo to Swanee
Default My favorite toad

We tow a 99 Jeep Wrangler. Tow mine all 4 down with a blue ox tow bar no problems. Keep it simple (KSS) the key. I built our jeep for off roading and have used that way also drive it to church.
$20. run through tail lights that mount with magnets and plug directly in to the RV. easier than tying in to the ele. system.
TOWING "MY' jeep I position the ignition key foot off brake till I can move the auto trans freely to neutral. Does 2 things drive train neutraled and the steering wheel is unlocked and tracks with rv.
BRAKING I use a brake-buddy initially pulled with a E-450 class c thus near maxing the breaks this eliminates that worry.
Previously installed locking hubs on all 4 hubs. When free I have a 4 wheel trailer nice to have when you break an axel. Beats walking.
These things are special application for "My Jeep" build your own or leave it alone youe choice .
The Jeep manual tells you exactly what you need to do to tow it's simple trust only this and question the rest of us. Jeep is my choice..

Mike
Swanee is offline   Reply With Quote