View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 05:19 AM   #1
VocalVirgo

Send a message via Skype™ to VocalVirgo
Default Hello and thanks for having me...

I believe this is my first post (my memory is Hashimoto’s shot, so who knows, lol), but I just wanted to say thanks for having me and I’m glad there’s so many Gulf Stream owners here on a dedicated forum.

I purchased a 2021 BT Cruiser 5210 in early November 2020. It should be ready for me to pick up in February 2021. I’m not sure if the place I bought it from will know all the ins/outs of the unit, as it’s not something they usually sell, but can order. So, I may be coming here for some answers if the dealership doesn’t have the answers, or if I can’t find them elsewhere online, or if the BT Cruiser guy at Gulf Stream in Indiana can’t answer any questions I may have.
I only ordered 2 options on my unit (the dinette in place of the second couch and the heated tanks), so I’m hoping for a pretty easy drive-off experience (fingers crossed).

I already have a question for other 5210 owners who have just the 1 house battery: Is it enough to fire up the furnace all night on cold nights? I honestly don’t expect the 1 battery to be able to keep both the tank heating pads and the furnace ignition switch over the course of a freezing night. But if I keep the black/grey tanks half full or less, I shouldn’t have to worry about the freezing hurting the tanks (right??). I’m mostly just hoping that the battery is at least enough to ignite the furnace many times overnight. Oh, and I guess the fridge/freezer too...

Please, if anyone has any experience with this, or anything else they think I should know, please share it with me in this thread. I’d appreciate it very much, and thank you in advance.

Here’s to a hopefully much better 2021 everyone!! I know I’m looking forward to going back to my full time RV life!

And thanks again!
VocalVirgo is offline   Reply With Quote