View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 06:54 PM   #4
jamesham

Great answer to your question from your first responder, and that comes from a guy that used to do satellite work for a broadcast station.

I assume you do not have satellite at your home so you do not have a receiver to check out and see of the feedhorn on the roof of your motorhome still works. Usually home satellite receivers belong to the company and are leased or rented. RV receivers are purchased. But some take their home rented satellite receiver with them in the RV.

So you are looking at buying a complete package of receiver and antenna, plus any extras like off-air-antenna, hard drive storage, and maybe more than 1 TV set. Camping World sells all that stuff but you will get very little help even to carry it out the door. A local store that sells satellite for homes will have more knowledge and usually uses outside contractors for installs. It really does not make much difference if the install is on a house or RV until tuning and aiming takes place.

Just looking around campgrounds, it appears more folks have Dish than DirecTV. Let price be your guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRB View Post
I just bought a 2004 Gulfstream that came with a TracStar SV360 satellite system and it is missing the dome cover. Question, is the dome necessary? Also, the previous owner kept the receiver for the system. I’ve never owned a satellite system. Can I just buy a receiver and get satellite tv? Thanks.
jamesham is offline   Reply With Quote