View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 10:28 PM   #9
Texas TC

Default Re: Big bargain on SuperNova or misprint?

The 6400 definitely has the longest section behind the rear wheels of all the SuperNova models. However, they have a 277" wheelbase. The wheelbase to overall length ratio is .57 which is not too shabby as class C coaches go. My 34' version has a 266" wheelbase and a .65 ratio which is one of the best ratios of all RV's.

The chassis is rated for 25900#. They hold their level really well. Dragging the rear has not been a big issue with these coaches of any length as far as I know. My Kodiak 35' coach with a 250" wheelbase dragged all the time. My SuperNova never has.

GulfStream had a real winner with this coach if they had done a better job of quality control and marketing. They had an exclusive agreement for the use of this chassis at a time before the economic meltdown. Many of us who own them know what a gem we have. Others had issues, like with all coaches, and had a hard time with the dealer and or GS getting them repaired.

I love mine and have been very pleased. However, I have one of the first ones they built and they were more than happy to repair any issues that I had with the coach.

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote