View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 11:17 AM   #3
Curt Krueger

Default Toad Charger

David and all,
I have this charger on my toad, 2000 Blazer, 2005 Crescendo. I also had a dead battery at the end of every day of towing. I installed this device and never had another problem. This was about two years ago.

I installed mine in the battery compartment,placing the circuit breaker on the compartment wall with the supplied screws, running the wires out of the vent located on the back wall of the compartment, tie wrapped along the frame and ending at the hitch. I left enough wire to just leave it hang at the back. I attached the leads directly to the coach batteries. It will charge even if you are stopped for the night.

On the car I attached the leads to the battery as instructed, mounting the charger on the fender well to a bolt already there. I am sure you can find a mounting place for yours. I then ran the wire to the area of the front license plate. When not in use, the wire is tucked behind the plate.

If the device is working there is a small LED located on the charger which flickers when you have it plugged into the system. Also, they supply covers for the leads when not in use. I always cover both ends when not in use.

Good Luck, and if you need more info let me know.

Curt